School Ethos and Values
With faith, we learn, care and grow together
At Eileen Wade and Milton Ernest C of E Primary Schools we believe that education enriches people’s lives and aspirations. We value everyone and strive for all to reach their full potential. We base our work on the principle that children learn most effectively in a secure, exciting, challenging and inclusive environment that nurtures a life-long love of learning. As a Church of England school (Milton Ernest), Christian faith is central to our school’s ways of learning and living.
We work in partnership with parents, the local community, All Saints Church, other schools in North Bedfordshire and fellow professionals to build our children’s social, emotional, intellectual, physical, spiritual and ethical skills.
Our Aims ...
• To provide the best possible education for each child through the delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum that matches individual needs and aspirations
• To provide a secure, happy and stimulating learning environment in which children are challenged and encouraged to take risks
• To enable children to become numerate, literate, creative and curious
• To promote a healthy life style
• To nurture an atmosphere in which children, parents, staff and community feel part of the school family.
• Encourage mutual respect, confidence, co-operation and self-esteem
• To help our children to understand and respect other cultures, beliefs and faiths – so that they celebrate diversity and have no fear of difference.
• We are committed to a values-based approach to learning that inspires children to be the best they can be